Everyone loves macaroni cheese but it can be one of those things that people may find difficuilt to make. Well with this recipe it wont be as it totally changes the way its made. This method is so simple that you can bring it together in minutes and have something tasty to eat without too much fuss.
- Dried Macaroni
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 200 grams soft cheese (Philadelphia)
- Grated smoked cheese (Optional)
- Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- White Wine (Optional)
- 2tbs Cornflower
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Heat boiling water and add the macaroni to cook.
- Put 80% of the grated cheese in a large bowl and mix with the cornflower.
- Add the stock to a pot and bring to a simmer. Add small touch of white wine if you wish.
- Add salt and pepper to the stock
- When simmering, add the cheese slowly and stir to melt the cheese
- When macaroni is cooked, strain the water and add macaroni to the cheese sauce mixture and stir it through.
- Put the macaroni cheese in a large oven proof dish and cover with remaining cheese and panko breadcrumbs. Cook for 10 minutes in the oven at gas mark 5 / 150c
There you have it, One amazing macaroni cheese!
If you are in a hurry, I have been known to simply leave out the oven part at the end and serve as it is. It’s still amazing!